- 1º BACHILLER
- 1º ESO
- 2º BACHILLER
- 2º ESO
- 3º ESO
- 4º ESO
- 4º ESO – INGLÉS PRÁCTICO
- A2 PRACTICE
- CHALLENGES / RETOS
- EXTRA READINGS WORKSHEETS
- GRAMMAR REVIEW
- GRAMMAR WORKSHEETS
- IRREGULAR VERBS PRACTICE
- ONLINE READING
- RECOMMENDED WEB SITES
- TENSES EXERCISES
- VIDEO CLIPS
- LISTENING ACTIVITIES
- VIDEOS WITH ACTIVITIES
junio 2020 L M X J V S D 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 710.638 hits
St. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Read this article from BBC.COM NEWS and get inspiration if you want to write a postcard to someone you love.
Next 8th February is the Chinese New Year. Do you know that each year the day can vary from the end of January to mid-February? It depends on the lunar calendar system.
Each year is dedicated to one of twelve animals and it is believed that people inherit the characteristics of the animal of the year they were born. This year will be the year of THE MONKEY.
Find your Chinese zodiac sign and learn about your personality.
2008 February 7 Rat
2009 January 26 Ox
2010 February 14 Tiger
2011 February 3 Rabbit
2012 January 23 Dragon
2013 February 10 Snake
2014 January 31 Horse
2015 February 19 Sheep
2016 February 8 Monkey
2017 January 28 Rooster
2018 February 16 Dog
2019 February 5 Pig
Unfortunately today is a sad day for the music. David Bowie has died. Chameleon-like, the White Duke, the man who reinvented himself all the time, this artist has been a turning point for a generation. If you know him, enjoy his music by listening to one of my favourite songs and reading its lyrics. If you have never heard of him, I’m sure you will love his song.
JOHN LEWIS CHRISTMAS ADVERT
John Lewis is a chain of upmarket department stores operating throughout Great Britain and owned by John Lewis Partnership. The first store opened in the mid- 1800s in Oxford Street, London.
Every year they release a Christmas advert which everyone talks about and looks forward to. This one is called “For gifts you can’t wait to give”. Watch it and explain what you think it is about.
Think of the following questions:
1. Why is the boy so nervous?
2. What is he really waiting for? How do you know it?
3. What activities does he do to kill the time?
4. How do his parents feel?
5. What is the slogan for the advert? Explain it.
– upmarket = exclusive and expensive = lujoso, exclusivo
– partnership = owned in asociation with a partner (socio) = sociedad
– advert = commercial = anuncio
– Advent calendar = it starts a coundown from the 1st of December to Christmas Eve
= calendario de adviento
– tap your fingers = hit softly your fingers against a surface (table, wall, piano …)
– gaze out of the window = look through = mirar fijamente
– cast a spell on … = hechizar, lanzar un hechizo sobre algo